Sunday, December 03, 2006

Muslim Should Be Allowed To Take Oath On Anything He Wants

Hey, you know I am not a fan of Radical Islam. But this story concerning the Muslim congressman is not about Radical Islam. It is about freedom of choice when it comes to religion.

Some don't like the congressman swearing on a copy of the Koran. I don't care.

Today I had a conversation about this controversy with the roommate and the girlfriend. The roommate brought up an excellent point that John Adams, a very religious man, chose to be sworn in on a copy of the Constitution not the Bible. John Adams was a pretty patriotic guy!

I don't give a damn what this Muslim swears on (it could be even a piece of cheese for all I care) as long as his oath forces him to be a good congressman and to follow the Constitution.

Labels: ,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction"--Ronald Reagan