Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Dirty Secret Of Prison Rape

Yes, I know it is a very odd title for a post. But having read this article (WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC) concerning prison rape I felt that the topic needed some coverage.

First off, as you folks might know by now, I am not a bleeding heart liberal by any means. I want to be a prosecutor later on in life. I would get a thrill to lock up the bad guys and protect society.

That having been said, I was blown away by the horrible descriptions in the article.

This is a human rights story actually, a story that is above the usual fights concerning conservative and liberal ideas.

At the end of the day Americans deserve better prisons. Prisons, such as those described in the article, just create more crime and suffering in the world.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction"--Ronald Reagan