Monday, October 09, 2006

Wrangler Jeans

Okay, I was watching a little football today and the Wrangler Jeans commercial came on the tube. The commercial opened with a bunch of young men running down to a lake with the song "The Boys Are Back In Town" playing in the background.

Men are leaping and twirling among the rocks. It is all very poetic. But you never see a single man's face... you just see the back of their jeans.

So my theory was that Wrangler jeans was trying to appeal to the gay community. Let me see here:

Gay song (come now, "The Boys Are Back In Town")? Check.
All Men no women? Check.
Lots of wet fun? Check.

Now let me be clear... there is nothing wrong with appealing to the gay community... they certainly have a lot of cash on hand. And they dress a helluva lot better than I do.

Am I the only one who gets that feel from the commercial?


By the way, I asked my girlfriend about the commercial... she said a gay man wouldn't be caught dead wearing Wrangler Jeans.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction"--Ronald Reagan