Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Catholic Church Must Fight Against Islamic Fascism

The Catholic Church Can Not Repeat
The Mistake Of Supporting Fascism As It Did In The Past


As many of you folks might know I am a devout Roman Catholic. The Catholic Church is a very important part of my life. I think that the Church has done a lot of good for mankind through its charity work and schools. I am very proud to be a Catholic.

However, and it pains me to say this, the Catholic Church is failing in its duty to condemn Islamic Fascism.
Oh yes, the Church was great at fighting against Communism but for some reason it is pretty light on Fascism. The Church should criticize Muslims that practice violence and terror on their neighbors. Sadly it has been slow in doing just that.

In fact, the Church as a whole has a very poor record so far on the War on Terror. Check out what Church officials said after Saddam was captured. And the Catholic Church was a little too close to Arafat for my liking as this document reveals.

Now, I know that the Church wants to side with the little guy, the weak side in the situation. I imagine that's why the Pope had so much love for Arafat. But the Church also has a pretty weak record on fascism in the past century. There is some definite room for improvement.

On this War on Terrorism the Catholic Church must stand up for what is right. It must condemn those that practice violence to spread Islam.

Let's not make the same mistakes of the past.
Also Posted at Basil's Blog
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction"--Ronald Reagan